Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

realizations

Realization and reminding that I now have a responsibility to fulfill one of my highest callings as a mother.
Realizing and reminding myself that this precious early morning smile is my thing right now, and other things can wait :)

Quick side note/ real-time story:
Just this second Kevin was talking to Nora about welding and working in the shop and she was giving some not-so-interested faces. So for fun I just say out "horseback riding!" and the girl BEAMED! Not only a giant smile but a few seconds of excitement! Say what you want, this girl is mine! Little gem for the day :)

So along with what I'm needing to realize. That I can't do it all, and for now at least, I cannot expect to be as put together as I was before Nora.
I need to realize that laundry can wait and the house can be dirty for a day (or even two! yikes!).
She is what matters, she is where I need to spend my time.
Both caring for her physical needs as well as her emotional and developmental.
I love that girl more than I can describe.

I know I have places I want to improve and things I want to do, but now I need to remember it is ok to put them off without getting down on myself - I have more important things to take care of.
It's ok if I don't make three whole meals every day, and some days it's ok if not one gets made.
It's ok to not have every craft made on my Pinterest board.
It's ok if I don't wear makeup or do my hair most days.
It's ok that I am not dressed in the fashions, but rather dressed in spit-up marks.
It's ok that I'm not able to work out, my new body shows for a lot and I shouldn't be ashamed of it.
It's ok that every room in our house is not adorably decorated and that my house doesn't smell like fresh cleaned floors.
I think you get the idea ...
It's been more important to me lately than any other thoughts.
I don't need to be perfectly put together,

I do need to be the best, all-in mother I can be, all the time!

I love the baby smell (milk and wipes ;)
I love kissing her soft skin and seeing those big blue eyes all day
I love how she has changed our family
I need her love and I need to be a mom!

maybe I'll get the hang of it sometime ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment