Ok, well more like first week.
Kevin is "off track" but talking two of his heaviest classes this semester and I am currently hired on with the university. I help teach a handful of classes in the Animal Science and Vet Tech department and I LOVE it!
We are pretty happy being back to school and work because we were getting anxious just sitting at home for the break with the new babe and all.
We are typically always traveling and doing things with my family and anyone else who wants to, but that was not the case this summer, hence the excitement for school to resume!
Nora did not feel the same.
(you didn't think I'd go a blog post without talking about her did you??)
This was mostly due to the schedule change and the fact that it meant she couldn't be eating 24/7 because mom could no longer be tethered to the recliner to feed her.
(Hence the breast pump that now accompanies my backpack everywhere in the picture up top. That things a lifesaver!)
She really has been a champ tho and besides the mood, she has adjusted and cooperated perfectly for us! As I may have already told the blogging world, she naps through the morning classes and the evening babysitter transitions usually pretty well and she is sleeping all through the night. As long as we keep to a schedule she's pretty happy.
And that means Mommy and Daddy are too!
Our schedules work out so that most of the time Kevin and I can swap between watching baby on campus (and now she prefers sleeping with the hustle and bustle over a quiet nursery!) and when that doesn't work we turn to our amazing Jenny and Mike for babysitting. Then after a school day is over (sometimes after 5:30 or 6) Kevin heads to work until 8pm while I get Nora time.
This means late dinners that I have not quite figured out how to fit into the routine yet, but we are working at it, and with cold weather coming soon I can turn to a crock pot and soups so that should make it easier.
I will be a competent housewife one day! I am determined!
So we survived it all and came to a weekend that felt like this:
I'd say we laid around similar to this for most of Saturday and Sunday.
Speaking of Sunday, our new ward and bishop, Bishop Sparks, are amazing! Such a welcoming ward and a love as if one big family - something we have been looking for in a ward for a long time up here! I am looking forward to going to church again!
It is also pretty cool that Mike & Jenny and Chris & Koryn Rice are all in our ward too!
(Nora and Capri are still getting used to the fact that 1:30pm church cuts right through their nap times, but they'll adjust)
And now we are onto week two of these shenanigans and I think we're doing great!
I just have to say I simply love my life, friends, and family right now.
Nothing is perfect by a long shot and we have out struggles, but it is all so great and makes me so happy!


No comments:
Post a Comment