and they can be hard on mom and dad too.
Our latest endeavor: moving Nora into her own room!
A little sad for an attached mom, but good for sleep habits.
We started by moving her into a pack n play we have (because our crib is currently in CA waiting for a way to get here) and she was not a fan in so many ways!
so, (re)enter her cradle that she's been sleeping in while in our room - and that went way better!
YAY!
(and yes I'm aware I have become that mother that has no pictures with anything other than her beautiful baby)
(lovely dress made by Grandma Lissa!)
Next task: letting baby figure out how to put herself to sleep
Translation: crying until I break mom's heart!!
The broken hearted mom and dad doing all they can to stay out of her room while she's crying results in this:
Yes, that is a screen shot of a connection to Kevin's GoPro camera we decided to use as a makeshift monitor! You do what you gotta do I guess.
O ya, and a sleeping baby!!! With the help of some time and advice from friends and family :)
So far she has put herself to sleep for one night and one nap with hardly any crying - cross your fingers we can keep this up!!
Also, I think we even have the pacifier thing down - still have to get keeping it in, but with some help, she likes it!
Next transition to come: adjusting to school/work starting on Monday!

No comments:
Post a Comment