Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Park City

So this weekend was spent on a trip to beautiful Park City to support family running in the Pink Series Marathon and to just spend time with family we haven't seen in a while.

This was Nora's first trip away from home and she actually did a lot better than I expected during the day, the nights, however, were totally shot. I guess that was to be expected, but I think it's going to put a major setback to our sleep training that we have been progressing with.

I really had a blast this weekend! I've always loved Park City and of course Kevin, being the die-hard skier he is, loves it too!

We started the weekend with a 2 am arrival at the hotel (since we couldn't leave til after 8 when Kev got off work) and stayed up talking until at least 3:30 am with family we missed so much!
Bright and early the next morning we were up to make it to the start of the Pink Series to cheer on the runners. Katie, Kevin's mom, ran the half marathon for the second year in a row and cut about 30 mins off her time! Lara, Morgan, and Elizabeth - Kev's sister, cousin, and aunt - all ran the 5k like champs! Kev, Nora, Mike, Jenny, and I, along with other friends and family, bundled up at the finish line all decked out in pink to cheer on the runners as they came in.
(And yes, for those of you who know how I am about pink, I was wearing pink too! Mind you I didn't own a single piece, but I was wearing it nonetheless. Thanks to my bestie Koryn for the helping hand!)

I think I will at least run the 5k next year, depending on where we end up. I'm pretty excited!


Matching Cheetah print ladies!










After the marathon we went to lunch and then back to the hotel for some down time, and recovery for the runners.
Later that night we all went to dinner, and in the tradition that is the Bezak sisters (Katie, Margie, and Elizabeth - Kevin's aunts) we had more than our share of laughs!
Apparently it's a family "thing" to pick an unsuspecting victim to get the birthday treatment, and I couldn't have been more unsuspecting, and the "treatment" at this mexican restaurant is a large fudge sundae and a huge, heavy sombrero! Hence the following photo;



I had not even a smidgen of an idea of what was happening and I think we were all laughing so hard at my reaction, there were tears!

The next day was spent at the Olympic Park zip-lining, watching skiers jump into pools, and riding the lifts and an attempt at the Alpine Slide, but the rain thought otherwise. We had a blast nonetheless!
In front of the olympic ski jumps. Kevin is in heaven!

The end of a super fun zipline down the ski jumps!




Family photos in the rain came next. A huge thank you to Amy Worthington for taking them for us!









Then the evening was spent having a real birthday dinner for Jenny's mom with her whole family. It was of course another fun filled night of cake and laughing.

Then our weekend was over and we headed home :(
Nora's a champ on car rides! Especially when they are at midnight ;)

It was a much needed weekend and one to remember! Now back to real life and responsibilities.

1 comment:

  1. FUN!!! I lov park city! And my gosh that sundae looks so good it should be illegal! Can't wait to see you Dills soon!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete