Just a quick post about what is on my mind, and then if I have time, maybe more later.
So a day or so ago I found myself on one of my best friend's blog that she recently started, and this simple moment reading her blog has not left my mind since.
http://faithintopractice.blogspot.com
You really should read it! Not only did I find that she's a great writer, but that she is exactly the friend I needed, in just the right circumstances, along with the obvious reasons, but also to allow the Lord to speak to me.
See, Ms. Lauren Ashley Bruner (soon-to-be Mrs. Smith ;) is my best friend and very recent convert to the church.
We have been friends for almost as long as I can remember ... probably since first or second grade or so at Breen or Twin Oaks Elementary in Rocklin, California.
She was always one of those friends that I knew was meant to be my sister, and I'm pretty sure she had me convinced she was mormon ... nope!
But now she is :) and I think it's been more of a benefit for me than her.
I guess I take for granted that I have grown up in the church and often overlook the simple gems that are in the Gospel, and now I get to experience them in a whole new light as Lauren comes to appreciate them as well. I only apologize I had not shared my most prized possession with her earlier :)
Her most recent post followed one such theme and really got to me, in best way possible.
So thank you Lolo, I love you and the things you teach me!
No comments:
Post a Comment